nightmare before christmas + pirates of the caribbean

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Tirgatt

nightmare before christmas + pirates of the caribbean

Post by Tirgatt »

Hello,

i got "Not Responding" when i rip my Nightmare before Christmas or Pirates of caribbean Blu-Rays. Both at about 2/3 of ripping.

When I use AnyDVD for making a .iso-Flie it works. But ripping them to a .mkv doesn't work with MakeMKV, also if i mount the created .iso.

Usually I ignore the message about "MakeMKV works better without AnyDVD..." but it also doesn't work when i switch AnyDVD off. However this message also appears when AnyDVD isn't running.

Hope you understand my English and thanks for response.

Tirgatt
Romansh

Re: nightmare before christmas + pirates of the caribbean

Post by Romansh »

Tirgatt wrote:Hello,

i got "Not Responding" when i rip my Nightmare before Christmas or Pirates of caribbean Blu-Rays. Both at about 2/3 of ripping.
Do you mean you tried to rip using MakeMKV, directly from the Blu-ray disc, with AnyDVD disabled first?
Tirgatt wrote:When I use AnyDVD for making a .iso-Flie it works. But ripping them to a .mkv doesn't work with MakeMKV, also if i mount the created .iso.

Usually I ignore the message about "MakeMKV works better without AnyDVD..." but it also doesn't work when i switch AnyDVD off. However this message also appears when AnyDVD isn't running.
It doesn't check whether AnyDVD is running, it checks whether the Blu-ray was modified by AnyDVD (if the ISO was created by AnyDVD, it'll notice).
Tirgatt

Post by Tirgatt »

Romansh wrote:
Tirgatt wrote:Hello,

Do you mean you tried to rip using MakeMKV, directly from the Blu-ray disc, with AnyDVD disabled first?
First it was enabled and I got some reading errors. Then I tested the Blu-Ray on my HDI Dune Smart B1 and it runs (almost!) perfekt (just have to wait about 5-10sec at the begining of potc).
Then I retried to rip the Blu-Ray with (i think) enabled AnyDVD. And because there was a reading error again I used AnyDVD to rip it. I don't really know if I tried to rip the Blu-Ray with disabled AnyDVD beacause there were no problems before and I just can rip other Blu-Rays now. (As I said I usually ignore the hint about AnyDVD)

Should I try to rip the Blu-Ray with disabled AnyDVD or is there a way to get a MKV out of the ISO?

Thanks!
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Tirgatt wrote:Should I try to rip the Blu-Ray with disabled AnyDVD
Yes.
Icetrips

Post by Icetrips »

I already see something like that.
The disk completing at 2/3 or 3/4 and the application seem freezed ("Not Responding").
Perhaps it's "nightmare before christmas" (I have this one).
I freaked out the first time... actually after 5 minutes... a stopped the application.

But if you wait to complete... just giving an extra 15 minutes to the application without clicking on it.
And it's finally completed succesful.

(It's taked me 8 minutes waiting if I remember correctly.)

Could you try this?
MakeMKV registered
System: Windows 7 x64 SP1, LG WH10LS30
Playback Devices: Media Player Classic, Samsung DLNA
Tirgatt

Post by Tirgatt »

Thanks for your answers, but it doesn't work.

The new version of MakeMKV says that there is truble and shuts down.

Now i have done the work with tsMuxer+mkvmerge, but this is not very comfortable.
Icetrips

Post by Icetrips »

Did you try to rip the BluRay or the DVD ?

What's your version of MakeMKV?

Original disk or copy ?

I just redo Night before christmas in Bluray yesterday with MakeMKV 1.6.8.
No problem at all.

Thank you
MakeMKV registered
System: Windows 7 x64 SP1, LG WH10LS30
Playback Devices: Media Player Classic, Samsung DLNA
Tirgatt

Post by Tirgatt »

I try original Blu-Rays with MakeMKV 1.6.13 (I think first try was 1.6.10 and second 1.6.12)

I also haven't had any problems with other Blu-Rays at 1.6.8, but I also have no Problems with other Blu-Ray now (1.6.13). There is just truble with these two.

btw: tsMuxer says the Blu-Rays have 23.975 FPS??? isn't it 24?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Should be fixed in 1.6.14