New AACS Version Question: Orphan First Kill and 5-25-77

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
kptaylor67

New AACS Version Question: Orphan First Kill and 5-25-77

Post by kptaylor67 »

Hello Everyone! I recently purchased and attempted to archive "Orphan: First Kill" and "5-25-77" (great movie if you haven't seen that), and in both cases, MakeMKV reported a new version of AACS found. As expected, the disc does not rip correctly - lots of digital glitches - BUT the weird thing is that the AACS version reported by MakeMKV is also the "highest version" of AACS evidently supported by MakeMKV right now.

So, is this the program saying that this is a totally new type of AACS, or is it just that the way MakeMKV works, if the highest version supported is, say, version 69 and the disc is version 70, the program will show the disc as version 69 anyway? I know that's kind of a technical question - just curios as to how this works.

Also, yes, I've reported the new AACS versions to Mike. Hopefully, the next update of MakeMKV will contain support for this new AACS. In any case, thanks for any clarification you can offer, and thanks as always to Mike for the extraordinary work!
dcoke22

Re: New AACS Version Question: Orphan First Kill and 5-25-77

Post by dcoke22 »

I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I think the 'highest AACS version' line on the Drive Info is just the highest version of AACS that particular drive has encountered. My drive happens to show version 77. What version have you encountered?