The Boys Season 2

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
alielle3

The Boys Season 2

Post by alielle3 »

Hello all,

Have any of you been able to successfully rip season 2 off the Blu Ray disks? My friend lent me his copy and neither disks 1 or 2 would rip in full. Episodes 1,2 ,4, and 5 all failed. As he was outside the return policy, I picked up my own copy and was able to rip disk 1, disk 2 failed the same way. I exchanged them but sure enough, this exchange also fails on disk 2. I have tried in 3 separate burners. I get:

Error 'OS error - STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom1' at offset '7978352640'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00365.m2ts' at offset '7978352640'

...as an example for episode 4. Are we cursed or is this an established problem? I hate when they stack disks in the cases; most of the time I run into a problem that needs a replacement it is this scenario.
Dtheripper

Re: The Boys Season 2

Post by Dtheripper »

Yeah i've had the same issue with the Boys Season 1 & 2 Collection.
I was able to rip everything but season 1 E 5 from the disc. I haven't tried S2 yes but I expect similar issues. So the first set of discs I had were scratch they come as 3 disks on each side on top of each other, this is dumb because if any dirt get in there then it will scratch up the disc in transit from the vibrations if I had to guess.

Maybe it's just too new of a disc with different encryption that can't be circumvented, but if that were the case then the other titles wouldn't be rippable, so I'm guessing it's the manufacturing of the discs that is causing this specific issue.

The workaround I would have to guess is to get a different set of season's Like don't buy the bulk pack get season 1 separate, then 2 then 3 and see if that works.

I'm pretty new to this but I've gone though a few hundred DVD's Blu-ray and 4K disc and unfortunately Blu-ray and UHD are far more sensitive to disc manufacturing errors and scratches vs DVD. Crazy part is when I run things though hand break I can create a .mkv smaller then a DVD, so technically they could put a 1080P file on a DVD after it's been encoded and it would look as good as a Blu-ray and be more durable IMO.
Woodstock

Re: The Boys Season 2

Post by Woodstock »

"Too new" seems a weird description of a two-year-old disk. Especially since you're talking about part of a set.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging