Blue Screen with latest 1.6.6 version

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
breid

Blue Screen with latest 1.6.6 version

Post by breid » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:23 am

The crash occurred during the analyze / decrypt phase. The BD being ripped is Secretariat, the system is Win XP SP-3. I had processed the same disk without trouble earlier today using version 1.6.5. When I saw the notice that a new version was available, I installed it, and discovered the problem when attempting to rip the same disk. I rebooted and tried again with the same result (I believe the elapsed / remaining time showed the same values at the time of both failures). Fortunately, I still had the previous 1.6.5 installer, so I removed 1.6.6 and re-installed the previous version. The analyze / decrypt phase now completes, and though I haven't yet proceeded to generate the MKV file, I believe it would work as before.

The offending module named on the blue screen is DLAIFS_M.SYS. That file exists in to locations on my system, and based on dates, sizes, version numbers, they appear to be identical. The locations are:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Drag-to-Disk\Install

If it would be helpful, I may be able to provide the memory dump, but I have not had need to do so before, so I would need some direction about where to find it, and how to convey it to someone for debug.

Regards,
Bruce