Unstoppable, Monsters & Warrior's Way Region B

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
teuchterloon

Unstoppable, Monsters & Warrior's Way Region B

Post by teuchterloon »

i've tried to rip all three of these today and all three give me the same error - the the aacs key has been revoked by my drive. i wasn't having any problems last week. this just suddenly started. just to be safe i re-downloaded MakeMKV but it has had no affect. i have attached the log file from Unstoppable below.

can anyone help with this? thanks
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
(17.12 KiB) Downloaded 534 times
mike admin

Re: Unstoppable, Monsters & Warrior's Way Region B

Post by mike admin »

You have inserted a disc with AACS v23 in your drive and it's now useless until the next version of MakeMKV will be released in a few days. Meanwhile please try to figure out what particular disc had v23 on it - the AACS version is displayed on the very first screen.
teuchterloon

Post by teuchterloon »

when you say, "...it's now useless until the next version of MakeMKV will be released in a few days" do you mean only the disc with v23 on it or the MakeMKV programme? i haven't tried to rip anything else since.

i no longer have the Monster's & Warrior's Way discs but if i remember correctly it was the Warrior's Way one which had the v23 on it.

which day exactly is the updated MakeMKV being released?
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!
when you say, "...it's now useless until the next version of MakeMKV will be released in a few days" do you mean only the disc with v23 on it or the MakeMKV programme?
It means that your drive won't function for ripping ANY Blu-ray discs until a new version of MakeMK that addresses AACS v.23 is installed.
i no longer have the Monster's & Warrior's Way discs
That's not going to help matters if one of those (VERY likely, "Warrior's Way") is the disc that contains AACS v.23.

What happened that you no longer have these discs?

teuchterloon

Post by teuchterloon »

what happened is i returned them to blockbuster... :?

is there no way to fix this with a registry hack or something? it seems an odd quirk that as soon as you try to rip a disc with new copy-protection that the programme should render your drive useless for ripping any film. i'm actually tempted to stop using makemkv if this is the case.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

teuchterloon wrote:what happened is i returned them to blockbuster... :?
Well, you're only supposed to copy discs that you own.
teuchterloon wrote:is there no way to fix this with a registry hack or something? it seems an odd quirk that as soon as you try to rip a disc with new copy-protection that the programme should render your drive useless for ripping any film. i'm actually tempted to stop using makemkv if this is the case.
Please educate yourself on how AACS works. It's not MakeMKV or any other program that stopped working - your drive automatically updated it's firmware from a blu-ray disc, the moment you've inserted it, no matter if MakeMKV or any program was running. Unless MakeMKV (or any other program for that matter) is updated, your drive will stay useless. The next version of MakeMKV that can handle V23 will be available tomorrow.
teuchterloon

Post by teuchterloon »

yes, i know i'm only supposed to rip films i own

thing is, both films played OK in powerdvd after MakeMKV stopped working. so the drive still works... ?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

teuchterloon wrote:thing is, both films played OK in powerdvd after MakeMKV stopped working. so the drive still works... ?
The drive works with any program that can handle AACS v23 - as of today it includes MakeMKV. For obvious reasons PowerDVD was updated earlier than MakeMKV.
teuchterloon

Post by teuchterloon »

drive works again. thanks :)