Missing Episodes

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
HomeMediaGal

Missing Episodes

Post by HomeMediaGal »

I am on my Home Media computer and am trying to rip Season 1 of Supernatural. The booklet that came with the discs says disc 1 of season 1 has 6 episodes. The artwork on the disc itself also says the same thing. MakeMKV only sees 4 episodes and two giant files (37+ GB).

Does anyone have a clue what is going on?
jinx100

Re: Missing Episodes

Post by jinx100 »

If you do a search here for "Supernatural" some of the seasons did not breakout the individual episodes so one or both of the giant files contains all six episodes. The replies in the search results generally recommend ripping the large file and then separating at the chapter breaks which hopefully correspond to the episodes.

Another approach would be to save the disc as a decrypted file and hope the .mts files correspond to the episodes.

I just scanned the search replies so a more careful reading may find a reply specifically for season one.
HomeMediaGal

Post by HomeMediaGal »

Thanks for the reply. Any hint of how to save the disc as a decrypted file?
jinx100

Post by jinx100 »

File > Backup and tick the decrypt box.
HomeMediaGal

Post by HomeMediaGal »

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it did not work. MakeMKV got halfway through the giant 37+GB file and then started getting all kinds of errors. I all tried it with another program and got the same result. Then I tried the other giant file and an interesting thing happened. Both files failed when they were 49.84% complete. Like I said, interesting.
albert90

Post by albert90 »

Yep, pretty sure this is the thread in question.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19746&p=75261&hili ... ral#p75261
jinx100

Post by jinx100 »

HomeMediaGal wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:24 pm
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it did not work. MakeMKV got halfway through the giant 37+GB file and then started getting all kinds of errors. I all tried it with another program and got the same result. Then I tried the other giant file and an interesting thing happened. Both files failed when they were 49.84% complete. Like I said, interesting.
Most likely a dirty or scratched disk. Though verify that you have enough space on your target hard drive. At least it's not a FAT32 drive as that would stop at 4GB.

Others reading your problems are experts in decoding the MakeMKV errors so posting you log would be helpful. Tell us more about you setup. Operating system, internal or external Blu-Ray drive, internal or network drive as target for the MKV file, etc.

Albert90 - thanks for your research.
albert90

Post by albert90 »

Hoping it can lead to some answers. And your suggestions are appreciated too. We'll get to the bottom of this.