Opening Bleach DVD - DEBUG: Code 1861130

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
chansavat

Post by chansavat »

Trying to covert Bleach (Japanese cartoons) DVDs with registered MakeMKV 1.8.0, but get errors on opening the disk (see attached log). The DVD is Thai version.

Thought it was bad DVD (scratches etc.) and used IsoBuster-Pro-3.1 to make ISO image to confirm this (the program reports if DVD is unusable) ... but it made image with no errors ... MakeMKV is having exactly same problem opening ISO image (and DVD structure made with IsoBuster-Pro-3.1) ... the error log is EXACTLY same as accessing DVD directly.

Have no problem playing both DVD and folder structure ... so I am at lost here

Have many Bleach DVDs ... tried to convert few (for use with XBMC) and all of them got same error ... thank you in advance for your help

Using direct disc access mode
Title #0 was added (1 cell(s), 0:00:49)
Complex multiplex encountered - 21 cells and 6407 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
DEBUG: Code 1861130 at W(<"E~MVoWD)|lvX:121263498
DEBUG: Code 0 at %(%13;RQE78;B DxCL:213140564
DEBUG: Code 0 at %(%13;RQE78;B DxCL:213141507
Title #1 (1:32:25) was skipped due to navigation error
Title #3 was added (2 cell(s), 0:01:22)
Title #4 was added (1 cell(s), 0:00:42)
Title #5 was added (1 cell(s), 0:01:07)
Title #6 was added (1 cell(s), 0:01:14)
Title #7 was added (1 cell(s), 0:01:09)
Title #8 was added (1 cell(s), 0:01:26)
Complex multiplex encountered - 1 cells and 103 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #9 was added (1 cell(s), 0:01:28)
Complex multiplex encountered - 1 cells and 103 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #10 was added (1 cell(s), 0:01:28)
Title #11 was added (1 cell(s), 0:01:05)
Title #12 was added (1 cell(s), 0:01:05)
Title #13 has length of 19 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 30 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14 has length of 3 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 30 seconds and was therefore skipped
Audio stream #2 looks empty and was skipped
Operation successfully completed
Attachments
VIDEO_TS.rar
here is VIDEO_TS.IFO from DVD (if that helps)
(595 Bytes) Downloaded 431 times
chansavat

Re: Opening Bleach DVD - DEBUG: Code 1861130

Post by chansavat »

Managed to successfully open and convert some Bleach DVDs ... guess the ones i cannot open have "bad mastering" or maybe "better protection"???

what does "bad mastering" means anyway? ... does that means they created DVDs with errors? (intentionally??) ... does that means if I go and buy another set - it will have the same problem???
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Code: Select all

Title #1 (1:32:25) was skipped due to navigation error
This error usually means the disc is damaged. Usually. You'll have to wait for Mike to visit the forums and reply. Please make sure you follow the steps here:
/faq/item/8

In order to speed up the fix if one is needed.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
chansavat

Post by chansavat »

will follow FAQ you provided ... doubt its damaged disk though ... IsoBuster i used to generate ISO files after MakeMKV failed to open the disk always picked bad disk for me.

I guess, on encountering bad/damaged "sectors" on disk MakeMKV tries to reread them ... failure to reread causes MakeMKV to quit

Similarly to ExactAudioCopy (EAC) that I used to get FLAC files for my XBMC ... again EAC quits if its reread attempts fails.

What nice about IsoBuster is that if reread fails - screen popups giving you option to retry rereading or "skip" problematic sector ... I never skip of course (i want EXACT copy of what i own ... thats what I like about MakeMKV) ... however, the popup screen gives me the chance to take CD/DVD/Bluray out, clean it, reinsert, and retry again that particular bad sector (without rereading previously "difficult" sectors ... which can take LONG time if the disk is badly scratched) ... when IsoBuster fails - I bite bullet and get a new copy of CD (... though some of my stuff are really old and difficult to get)

What I am getting at is that IsoBuster did not give any read errors at all when creating ISO

Again thanks for your help at pointing me to right FAQ
ToxicDreamz

Post by ToxicDreamz »

chansavat wrote:will follow FAQ you provided ... doubt its damaged disk though ... IsoBuster i used to generate ISO files after MakeMKV failed to open the disk always picked bad disk for me.

I guess, on encountering bad/damaged "sectors" on disk MakeMKV tries to reread them ... failure to reread causes MakeMKV to quit

Similarly to ExactAudioCopy (EAC) that I used to get FLAC files for my XBMC ... again EAC quits if its reread attempts fails.

What nice about IsoBuster is that if reread fails - screen popups giving you option to retry rereading or "skip" problematic sector ... I never skip of course (i want EXACT copy of what i own ... thats what I like about MakeMKV) ... however, the popup screen gives me the chance to take CD/DVD/Bluray out, clean it, reinsert, and retry again that particular bad sector (without rereading previously "difficult" sectors ... which can take LONG time if the disk is badly scratched) ... when IsoBuster fails - I bite bullet and get a new copy of CD (... though some of my stuff are really old and difficult to get)

What I am getting at is that IsoBuster did not give any read errors at all when creating ISO

Again thanks for your help at pointing me to right FAQ
I love IsoBuster. When I was ripping all my DVDs to disk, many were badly scratched, so whenever an error occurred I would run it through a scratch removing device (SkipDr, I believe) and would keep re-running the disc through the device until I encountered no errors. Was able to get perfects rips from even some badly scuffed DVDs. The pause and retry feature was a massive timesaver.
chansavat

Post by chansavat »

Yep, IsoBuster saved me lots of time and lots of scratched DVDs/CDs. Some of them could not be saved as the scratches where on data side

Found the cause of my problems though ... tested Freemake Video Converter on DVD folder structure generated by IsoBuster to make MKV ... the conversion was completed, but when playing the result the video was completely scrambled after some point ... went to IsoBuster image and played it and the video was scrambled at that point too (one or two frames) ... went to original DVD and same problem was there too

So I guess the disc has some "printing/pressing" error that IsoBuster did not pickup but MakeMKV did (out of 40 DVD i have - two has this issue ... the rest are just badly scratched but recoverable through IsoBuster ... unfortunately 1 DVD is totally lost to scratches)

3 lost DVD out of 40 is not too bad ... considering what they've been through ... no point "crying" over it ... just have to find replacements

By the way, MakeMKV worth every penny I paid for it (and probably a bit more ... probably lots more) ... together with IsoBuster (for recovering scratched optical discs) and Exact Audio Copy (its free ... but paid little bit for the service of verifying ripped audio FLAC against online database), they make a perfect solution of extracting perfect digital copy of your CD/DVD/BluRay ... how to keep those safe against hardware failure is a totally different issue

THANKS MIKE FOR GREAT PRODUCT ... keep a good work

Would be nice if MakeMKV would indicate somehow where it encountered problem (does not have to be exact) ... maybe indicate time or maybe leave "unfinished" MKV for review ... like this we could go back to original DVD/Bluray and SKIP to the problem to SEE for ourselves (looking for problem on original source with no idea where it is can be frustrating) ... seeing the problem on original disk make it easier to move on
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

This disc has a mastering error. MakeMKV normally manages to work around these, but in your case the mastering error is on a VOB file with complex multiplex, and MakeMKV can't handle these. The next version should handle such errors and this disc in particular.
ToxicDreamz

Post by ToxicDreamz »

mike admin wrote:This disc has a mastering error. MakeMKV normally manages to work around these, but in your case the mastering error is on a VOB file with complex multiplex, and MakeMKV can't handle these. The next version should handle such errors and this disc in particular.
Your commitment to this app and actually listening to people's suggestions are why I paid for it. Keep up the awesome work. :]

That and no other app even comes close to this one.