Fatal error occurred

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
SiriusB

Fatal error occurred

Post by SiriusB »

Hi guys, been having immense fun adding my films/tv shows to my media center whenever I had time.

up until approx 11pm last night, no problems. On starting ripping this afternoon, receiving nothing but a fatal error occurred dialogue box.

MakeMKV sees disks, gets to the operation completed successfully part but does not proceed to the save file part. Within seconds of the program stopping there, the dialogue box pops up its message.

I do have debug enabled but unfortunately with all disks attempted, nothing shows in the log.....

Debug log started at Sat Mar 09 13:01:20 2013 , written by MakeMKV v1.8.0 win(x86-release)
Using 524544KB for read cache.
001005:0000 MakeMKV v1.8.0 win(x86-release) started
001004:0000 Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as C:\Users\XXXXXXX/MakeMKV_log.txt
Application exited at Sat Mar 09 13:01:32 2013

this is from the last attempt.
Nothing has changed in my system since last use.

Edit: Before attempting to uninstall, clean up system & re-install mkv, I thought I'd try to rip dvds to vob folders & try that.....

MakeMKV v1.8.0 win(x86-release) started
Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as C:\Users\XXXXXX/MakeMKV_log.txt
Opening files on harddrive at E:/disk 2/FullDisc/SONG_OF_BERNADETTE/VIDEO_TS
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #1 does not match one in IFO header.
Title #0 was added (21 cell(s), 2:31:16)
Title #1 has length of 26 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Operation successfully completed
Saving 1 titles into directory E:/disk 1
1 titles saved

So MKV is working in that respect. After the 1st few failures thought it could be a disk issue, so just finished testing disks already ripped via direct access mode & they too failed with the fatal error.
mike admin

Re: Fatal error occurred

Post by mike admin »

SiriusB wrote:I do have debug enabled but unfortunately with all disks attempted, nothing shows in the log.....
Please check the log file written by makemkv, as not all error messages are displayed in lower pane. The "csfX" messages are errors as well.
setarip_old

Re: Fatal error occurred

Post by setarip_old »

@SiriusB

Hi!

Perhaps not applicable but, is it possible that limited drive space could be a contributing factor?