TV Series to DVD Issues

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Bran84

TV Series to DVD Issues

Post by Bran84 »

Anyone know a reason why TV series to DVD rips Wouldn't be working? Haven't had a single issue really but for some reason it seems all of my animated series like X-Men and tv shows like Saved by the Bell, CougarTown and a few others all fail to open, everything was going so smooth until I got to my TV series dvds and the error code is just simply failed to open disc.

Thanks in advance for any help.
B
Woodstock

Re: TV Series to DVD Issues

Post by Woodstock »

Depends on what "fails to open" means in terms of errors. DVDs have an issue with drives where the red laser has stopped reading. The blue laser lets they continue to open BDs, but no red=no DVD.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Bran84

Post by Bran84 »

I mean I would say the drive is getting worn out after doing so many but it plays DVD's and BR disc still and it reads and writes some of them and recognizes the disc enough to know titles and things but Its just frustrating that the majority of all of my TV series are not burning and writing in order for them to get on my drive now, I understand its a free program but just was hoping there was a work around or if someone knew a how to type thing. I would give the error but its just "failed to open Disc" the segments all seem to be approved or readied but then it just goes back to the original inset disc interface.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

"Failed to open" usually means that some part of the structure of the disk was not decodable. It can be possible to play the disk, but something the program needed to isolate files was missing. Often, simple cleaning the disk will fix this, when the drive doesn't just fail to read all DVDs.

Are there ANY errors other than "failed to open disk"? Usually there is something.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
BritishBoy1967

Post by BritishBoy1967 »

The last time I had this error, it was due to the disk being Disney X Project Protection. I used different software to confirm and back up the disc. Read my posts on this forum to determine if your issue is the same as mine.

best regards
Simon