Blu-Ray Player won't load DVDs

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
dormin

Blu-Ray Player won't load DVDs

Post by dormin »

Apologies if I'm not posting this in the correct subforum.

I have a new Buffalo BRUHD-PU3-BK, UHD Official, External Slim 9.5mm USB 3.0 LG BU40N inside

I have LibreDrive enabled, and it deals with Blu-Ray discs including UHDs just fine

It has never been able to even read any of my DVDs however, including before I flashed the firmware

Has anyone encountered something like this before, and is there a solution?
winston9992

Re: Blu-Ray Player won't load DVDs

Post by winston9992 »

I have an original BU40N drive, that is not flashed... and I can say I don't have that problem. I've noticed in other posts that some people are having problems after flashing the firmware to lower version(s). Could this be some type of manufacturer protection in the firmware or just a bad flash?? I don't know...
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

dormin wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 1:01 am
Apologies if I'm not posting this in the correct subforum.

I have a new Buffalo BRUHD-PU3-BK, UHD Official, External Slim 9.5mm USB 3.0 LG BU40N inside

I have LibreDrive enabled, and it deals with Blu-Ray discs including UHDs just fine

It has never been able to even read any of my DVDs however, including before I flashed the firmware

Has anyone encountered something like this before, and is there a solution?
only suggestion on that is clean the laser or exchange the drive
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
evann

Post by evann »

I have this problem with the same model. It originally opened DVDs, though. After I ripped however many UHD discs, DVDs stopped being recognized.