Manual Mode still rejects track selection as empty

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
JustSomeGuy

Manual Mode still rejects track selection as empty

Post by JustSomeGuy »

Hello,

Working on a multi-disc box set and ran into some issues. MakeMKV would only recognize a title with the last episode on a disc (of 6). Tried different methods (trim, full, walk) with no luck. In manual mode, I can see track 11 has all the episodes (with run time of 2+ hours), but when I select it (I just put 11 in the manual text box), MakeMKV still won't create the mkv file. It says that it is a fake track since 85% of the title is empty tracks.

The DVD does have a very large number of 0 length tracks. I was able to extract the MKV using WinX and it seems to play fine, but the file size is about half size, which makes me paranoid. Any suggestions or questions are welcome.
Sunoo

Re: Manual Mode still rejects track selection as empty

Post by Sunoo »

When I hit this, it was on a disc that turned out to be damaged and the track in question wouldn’t play cleanly in anything.
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

I hope it isn't that, but I did try playing the first episode on the disc manually (just jumped around though, not full play through), but maybe there are issues on ep 1-5.
Sunoo

Post by Sunoo »

Might be worth ripping the episodes separately and seeing if any of those error out.
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

That is the goofy thing, the episodes don't show separately, even in manual mode. They are all in track 11, which in default mode will only rip episode 6. It is pretty weird.

I was able to get the mp4s out of the MKV made by Win X. The weirdness is, that it is around 3.5 gig, but another disk that I was able to use MakeMKV on, gave me six episodes in a 7 gig mkv file. Must be some sort of compression or quality reduction by Win X, not sure.