Problem with Regional Code & RPC Protection.

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
finral11

Problem with Regional Code & RPC Protection.

Post by finral11 »

I can't rip DVDs with a different regional code. I need to either change my regional code, but I only have one change left, or patch the firmware, but couldn't find anything fitting on tdb.rpc1.org.

Can anyone tell me, how to bypass the RPC protection of a MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ260, or how to bypass the limit Windows has for regional code changes?
Woodstock

Re: Problem with Regional Code & RPC Protection.

Post by Woodstock »

This same question was asked a day ago; the drive in question has not had an update in 10+ years, so you should figure on getting a different drive if you want to rip out-of-region disks.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
pneumatic

Re: Problem with Regional Code & RPC Protection.

Post by pneumatic »

finral11 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:53 pm
I can't rip DVDs with a different regional code. I need to either change my regional code, but I only have one change left, or patch the firmware, but couldn't find anything fitting on tdb.rpc1.org.

Can anyone tell me, how to bypass the RPC protection of a MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ260, or how to bypass the limit Windows has for regional code changes?
I'm stuck in the same situation - used up all my region changes. I did find an RPC1 firmware for my drive at the site you mentioned, but the model number is off by 1 letter, so maybe it would brick my drive or cause other issues? I didn't want to risk it.

In the end I just dumped the disc to .iso using DVD Decrypter (which can workaround region protection) then open the .iso in MakeMKV.

However MakeMKV seems to have its own built-in region workaround, so I'm not sure why that didn't work for you straight away.