DVD with still images and audio

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Radiocomms237

Re: DVD with still images and audio

Post by Radiocomms237 »

Would need to see the file structure on the disc to answer the audio question, it sounds like the audio file may be separate to the still images and the disc menu is playing them both at the same time?

As far as the stills gallery is concerned, this is quite common. The file(s) you describe contain all the images, but they really only need to be a few frames for each image as the disc menu effectively 'pauses' on each image for a set length of time (or until you select the next image).

There are several things you can do, all of which involve slowing down the playing speed of the video file.

You can re-encode the file and reduce the speed that way, or you can use a program like MKVToolNix, which has a "Stretch by" option where you can stretch the runtime by say 1000%, then play the file and see if that figure needs adjustment (you may need to experiment with the value depending on how long you want each image displayed).

Once you have the runtime sorted out, I'd suggest making chapters with each new chapter starting just after each new image is displayed, this way you can use the chapters to 'skip forward' through the images.

If you do find an audio track that you want to mux back into the slideshow, then you will need to get the 'stretch' on the video to match the runtime of the audio track, since you don't want to stretch the audio or it will sound distorted.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

(The original message the above reply was written for was edited by the author to be an attack message. It has been deleted, with the author.)
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Radiocomms237

Post by Radiocomms237 »

Oh dear, and I don't even know why I would be attacked, did I say something wrong?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Naw, it's just a general thing. People post messages to get responses (even copying old ones), then edit them later to include attacks. This was a case where they were trying to attack local (to the user) routers.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging