DVD's with multiple main movie titles

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
rosede

DVD's with multiple main movie titles

Post by rosede »

Every so often I come across a DVD that has more than one primary main movie title. Sometimes it might say "Angle 1", "Angle 2", or something similar. Once I was looking at the remarks said something like "Queues for visually impaired". But I have a DVD that I just loaded "Fast Five" with what appears to be two identical primary movie titles, only one of them is slightly longer in duration that the other, maybe a minute. Other than that, I don't see any difference in the two movies.

Is there a reason why I'd pick one over the other? I normally just pick that first movie and unselect everything else. I guess I just want to make sure that I'm not missing something by selecting only one of the titles.

Thanks

Daryl
d00zah

Re: DVD's with multiple main movie titles

Post by d00zah »

What are the run times? When you play the disc, what options does the native menu offer?

Could be:

Runtime
2 hr 10 min (130 min)
2 hr 12 min (132 min) (Extended Edition)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1596343/te ... tt_spec_sm
rosede

Post by rosede »

d00zah wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:14 am
What are the run times? When you play the disc, what options does the native menu offer?

Could be:

Runtime
2 hr 10 min (130 min)
2 hr 12 min (132 min) (Extended Edition)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1596343/te ... tt_spec_sm
I didn't even try playing the movie to find out if there was any difference between the two, and you are correct. There is a Theatrical version and an Extended version.

There have been times when I have played the disc to try and figure out what is actually on it, but then there are times, like now, where I play the stupid card and ask before looking myself.

As always, I appreciate the help, even though I could have answered this myself.

Thanks
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

IMDB is my go to. Playing the disc was an afterthought.

These things happen... to everyone, sooner, or later. :D