Incredibles 2. What's the correct one

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
dbhol

Incredibles 2. What's the correct one

Post by dbhol »

I have just done a rip on Incredibles 2 but did not realise until i wento rename the file that it has 3 versions all identical in length and size and when i play them, they all appear to be in the correct order etc so i don't know what the difference in them is, if any.

The screenshot provided is how MakeMKV read the file and i didn't deselect the ones that aren't ticked anymore.
Can someone point me in the right direction to how i identify what the difference in the 3 is and what the right one actually is?
https://imgur.com/a/apmCUFv

Thank you
Woodstock

Re: Incredibles 2. What's the correct one

Post by Woodstock »

What language do you want?

The three choices have to do with signs and text in the video. 00800 is "english". 00801 and 00802 are "spanish" and "french" (maybe the other way) in most distribution.

Oh, wait - that's for the BD version. First one on DVD is English.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
dbhol

Post by dbhol »

Woodstock wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:53 pm
What language do you want?

The three choices have to do with signs and text in the video. 00800 is "english". 00801 and 00802 are "spanish" and "french" (maybe the other way) in most distribution.

Oh, wait - that's for the BD version. First one on DVD is English.
Yeah the copy i have is just the standard version, not a Blu-Ray or anything.
I'm looking for the English version. How do you know that the correct one is the first one?
I was googling around to learn the differences in them and found some bits but nothing that really helped.

I'm guessing the different angles are linked to being what language the signs are in based on information i found in this postviewtopic.php?t=4302

Most of my collection is standard DVDs, si it would be good to better understand for future how to know what the one you said is the right one etc. If it wasn't obvious, I'm new to all this as well.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

As Woodstock said, most Disney and Pixar movies have multiple versions on the disc. Usually the opening and closing credits are in different languages.

On blu-rays, it is relatively easy to make a decrypted backup of a movie and figure out which title is which. In North America, usually the title '00800.mpls' is the English one. On DVDs, it is a bit harder since DVDs are structured differently. The English version is probably the first one in the list. The easiest thing to do is rip it (or rip all three) and watch the opening credits. You should be able to figure out which is which right away.
dbhol

Post by dbhol »

dcoke22 wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:22 pm
As Woodstock said, most Disney and Pixar movies have multiple versions on the disc. Usually the opening and closing credits are in different languages.

On blu-rays, it is relatively easy to make a decrypted backup of a movie and figure out which title is which. In North America, usually the title '00800.mpls' is the English one. On DVDs, it is a bit harder since DVDs are structured differently. The English version is probably the first one in the list. The easiest thing to do is rip it (or rip all three) and watch the opening credits. You should be able to figure out which is which right away.
Ok i see now.
When i skipped through all three i found them all to be in English but when i compared the closing credits, the first one was English and then the second and third were a different language.
But it wasn't the whole closing credits that was a different language. It was only the cast list that was different. Other then that, the rest was in English.

But it looks like i have the right one now so thanks for the help.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

It varies with the title. Most of the time, both the beginning and ending have signage in a given language. And some scenes do, too.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging