99 Titles / Titles Missing Chapters

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
creator

99 Titles / Titles Missing Chapters

Post by creator »

I'm experiencing an issue with two discs from a four disc set. This set is part of a series and most of the disks have issues discussed in another thread (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29017). This issue is a little different though.

In VLC I see there are 99 titles on each disc. Most of the titles are variations of the main title with cut content. Makemkv recognizes a few of the variation titles and the main title, but the main title is missing chapters. When I try accessing the missing chapters in manual mode the process fails. Backup to iso is successful (and plays fine in VLC), but after every 6 or 7 chapters (corresponding to the beginning of an episode) the speed drops to 0 until [RipGuard] appears and the speed increases again. When I load the iso in makemkv I'm still missing chapters from the main title.

Has anyone else overcome this issue?
tommyfists

Re: 99 Titles / Titles Missing Chapters

Post by tommyfists »

Could you share what errors MakeMKV is generating when you try to back it up using manual mode? If you're backing up Funimation DVDs from that era, I had a similar-sounding issue that I was able to resolve by using an additional program (from this thread), but before I make that recommendation I want to make sure it's the same kind of problem.
creator

Re: 99 Titles / Titles Missing Chapters

Post by creator »

tommyfists wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:47 pm
Could you share what errors MakeMKV is generating when you try to back it up using manual mode? If you're backing up Funimation DVDs from that era, I had a similar-sounding issue that I was able to resolve by using an additional program (from this thread), but before I make that recommendation I want to make sure it's the same kind of problem.
This worked! Thank you so much! It's strange because I made a backup in AnyDVD, but MakeMKV still would not read all of the chapters of it. MakeMKV only works in manual mode after AnyDVD reads the disks.