Can't find some Titles on DVD to Save

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
ayumi

Can't find some Titles on DVD to Save

Post by ayumi »

I'm trying to save everything from my Princess Bride DVD to hard drive. But there are four entries in the Special Features menu that MakeMKV doesn't find. They play from DVD just fine but MakeMKV doesn't list them as candidates for ripping. I've got the minimum length set to 10 seconds, which finds a couple of files that are 2 or 3 minutes long, but not these files which are around 7 minutes.

VLC can't find them (though it'll play them if I play the DVD and click on the menu item). WonderFox DVD can't find them. DVDFab can't find them. Only Dumbofab found them, and they want $46 for the program (or $30 for 1 year of access) which is preposterous.

How do I figure out where these videos are hiding on the DVD and download them?
dcoke22

Re: Can't find some Titles on DVD to Save

Post by dcoke22 »

Are they still picture galleries? Often still pictures are just a bunch of single frames smashed together and the player just pauses on each frame for several seconds. As such, playing them on the DVD might make them take several minutes to play, but to MakeMKV, they'll only be a second or two long depending on how many images there are.

Also, they might be a chapter in a larger video, but I'm guessing you would've found them if that was the case.
Ezatoka

Re: Can't find some Titles on DVD to Save

Post by Ezatoka »

ayumi wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:33 pm
But there are four entries in the Special Features menu that MakeMKV doesn't find.
Sounds awfully like my problem here viewtopic.php?p=119045#p119045