Main contents of DVD not shown as available to rip

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
solidsnake1298

Main contents of DVD not shown as available to rip

Post by solidsnake1298 »

I've got a DVD, Appleseed Limited Collector's Edition (Geneon 2004), where makeMKV only shows the (probably) main menu video loop as available to rip. There are no additional items to select from. I made sure to remove the minimum length requirement (set to 0). When I playback the DVD in MPC-BE I am able to play the movie.

makeMKV 1.17.1
Pioneer BDR-XD07B, firmware v1.04
Windows 10 21H2

I am in the process of ripping my collection to a Plex server. This is the first and, so far, only DVD that I've encountered this problem with.
makemkv.png
makemkv.png (21.92 KiB) Viewed 3539 times
wmcclain

Re: Main contents of DVD not shown as available to rip

Post by wmcclain »

Does MPC show the title number being played? (VLC does). If so, you can try Manual Mode and specify that title.

You might also experiment with Preferences -> Protection -> DVD structure protection removal method. Some new options were added recently.
Capsule film reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
solidsnake1298

Post by solidsnake1298 »

Interesting. Manually setting the protection removal to "CellFull" instead of auto fixed the problem. It is showing me the full contents now.

Thanks!
CGooden

Post by CGooden »

I am wondering if you are still having issues with the Pioneer BDR-XD07B drive when ripping UHD disks. I see the price on Amazon is less than $100 and I was thinking of getting one but would like to know if it will work with MakeMKV first.

Also can you tell me if this drive supports 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray? Not really sure what this is, or possible it the 125 GB m-Disk format?

The other drive I am considering is the Pioneer BDR-XD07UHD for $225.00 on NewEgg.com.

Thanks for the info,
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

CGooden wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:24 am
I am wondering if you are still having issues with the Pioneer BDR-XD07B drive when ripping UHD disks. I see the price on Amazon is less than $100 and I was thinking of getting one but would like to know if it will work with MakeMKV first.

Also can you tell me if this drive supports 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray? Not really sure what this is, or possible it the 125 GB m-Disk format?

The other drive I am considering is the Pioneer BDR-XD07UHD for $225.00 on NewEgg.com.

Thanks for the info,
I don't think the Pioneer BDR-XD07B supports UHDs. The OP was talking about a DVD anyway, hence the reason this post is in the DVD section of the forum.

The Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide post is maintained and has a list of recommended drives to consider.

Ultra HD Blu-ray is the format for 4K movies that are sold on disc. It is not M-DISC, which is a write-once archival format for optical discs.