New DVD Open Modes

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
drxenos

New DVD Open Modes

Post by drxenos »

I just wondering if the new DVD open modes are accessible via makemkvcon. I don't see an option to set it.

Thanks!
mike admin

Re: New DVD Open Modes

Post by mike admin »

drxenos wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:00 pm
I just wondering if the new DVD open modes are accessible via makemkvcon. I don't see an option to set it.
No, this is a persistent setting, once set in preferences it affects both GUI and console. Once obvious bugs in CellWalk are fixed, these shouldn't be any reason to switch these. Hopefully...
drxenos

Post by drxenos »

mike admin wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:17 pm
drxenos wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:00 pm
No, this is a persistent setting, once set in preferences it affects both GUI and console. Once obvious bugs in CellWalk are fixed, these shouldn't be any reason to switch these. Hopefully...
Thanks, Mike. I was just curious. I use makemkvcon a lot in my automated tools. I was going to update them to support this, if necessary.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

drxenos wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:53 pm
Thanks, Mike. I was just curious. I use makemkvcon a lot in my automated tools. I was going to update them to support this, if necessary.
Oh, you can do anything imaginable with makemkvcon using this guy - https://www.makemkv.com/download/mmgui-1.16.5.tar.gz . But you have to write c++ code :)
drxenos

Post by drxenos »

mike admin wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:44 pm
drxenos wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:53 pm
Oh, you can do anything imaginable with makemkvcon using this guy - https://www.makemkv.com/download/mmgui-1.16.5.tar.gz . But you have to write c++ code :)
Oh, nice! My stuff is also C++.