new error as of 1.17.0

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
ranger671

new error as of 1.17.0

Post by ranger671 »

I was trying to rip the first disc of 'Coffee Prince', a Korean show. The disc label and the menu indicates 5 episodes are on the disc. Each episode consists of 5 chapters. Under 1.17.0 makemkv displayed a 4.2GB title consisting of 20 chapters. When pulled, there was only 4 episodes. No errors during scan. I tried both auto and cellfull protection with the same results. After rolling back to 1.16.7 it displayed title 0 with 25 chapters and 5.3GB of data. The rip went smooth and I split the file into its respective parts using mkvmerge. This feels like a bad bug in your new dvd engine. If needed, I can supply an image file of the disc. I replicated the exact same issues with the image as with the original disc under 1.17.0. I hope to see your solution to this soon.

Update 7/6: I realized that another disc from the same series exhibited this issue as well. All episodes were in one large file and the file was truncated per makemkv 1.17.0. Under 1.16.7 the file ripped in full size. There are no error messages or anything to indicate that the video has been truncated unless you manually check the end of the file. I hope this is being looked into as it could definitely cause bad feelings from customers who had thought they had saved their data.