Sound problems with region 2 dvd

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
BergKoning

Sound problems with region 2 dvd

Post by BergKoning »

I'm having difficulty with a region 2 DVD. The movie isn't available for rent or purchase in the US so I ordered it from overseas. I've never had any troubles with foreign DVDs until now, having used the program Any Video Converter for years with complete success, as well as having a region free DVD program, until this DVD. I downloaded Makemkv in the hopes that it would be my solution, however it's having the exact same issue. Visuals look great however the sound is significantly off, to the point of unwatchability, as this is a wordless film which relies on music and sound effects to carry the story. I've tried re-lining the sound up in video editing software, but fixing it in one spot does not resolve the issue as just 30 secs later in the movie the sound is just as off as it was before. Any suggestions are most appreciated. Thank you!
Ezatoka

Re: Sound problems with region 2 dvd

Post by Ezatoka »

Did you recode the video afterwards and changed the FPS? like from PAL 25 to NTSC 23 or 29?
BergKoning

Post by BergKoning »

I didn’t recode it. Would you recommend that?
Ezatoka

Post by Ezatoka »

Not if you don't have any problems playing it back. I just came into my mind that people sometimes change the framerate of the movie, but not from the audio.

Did MakeMKV mentioned something about sync problems in the audio during ripping?
BergKoning

Post by BergKoning »

So far I haven’t found any MakeMKV suggestions for audio sync issues with ripping. I’m starting to wonder if something is wrong with the disc since it plays the same way in the region free DVD program. But the trailers that come on the disc don’t have any sound issues.