DVD created MKV with flickering green image

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
pawloser

DVD created MKV with flickering green image

Post by pawloser »

I've been creating MKVs for a collection of DVDs, the first 4 have copied ok and created the MKVs fine however the next two have created mkv files that when viewed the images are flickering showing the still a couple of time before jumping to the next still and the image has a green view over it through the film

any ideas? if it was one i would have thought it was a faulty DVD but the rest are doing the same from this point onwards

thanks
shyam

Re: DVD created MKV with flickering green image

Post by shyam »

Hi, I've tried watching Terminator 2 on DVD today on my Series X, all is well with the menus etc but as soon as the film starts the screen turns green a s starts to flicker. I've tried restarting the console, I've updated the software for the TV but no look, anybody had a similar issue and have you managed to fix it? Thanks
cj1967

Post by cj1967 »

I'm seeing the same problem, all from older DVDs but still play fine in a player, they just have the green flicker when ripped to mkv format.
Kevix

Post by Kevix »

I was having the same issue with DVD ripped mkvs on my PC running Linux Mint 20 but it was only happening when playing the mkv files with VLC player. The files were playing fine with other media player apps like Celluloid. I got the files to work in VLC by changing VLC setting in Preferences > Video > output. I changed the setting from Automatic to Xvideo Output (XCB). Apparently my issue had something to do with Mesa graphics driver. It's honestly beyond my understanding, but it fixed it for me.
Sorry if this doesn't help anyone else.