CSI: Episodes "Title skipped due to navigation error"

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
hydro_storm

CSI: Episodes "Title skipped due to navigation error"

Post by hydro_storm »

I'm tying to rip my mom's CSI: dvd's for the Plex Server I'm setting up for my parents. Unfortunately, random Episodes won't rip and have a "Title _ was skipped due to a navigation error" message that comes up on certain ones on the disc. This happens across pretty much all of her DVD's for this series. I can usually get 2-3 episodes out of a 4-5 episode disc. I've made sure the discs are clean and I've tried different drives and even different PC's, but it does the same thing on all of my equipment :/

Is there a known fix for this? I'm fairly new to MakeMKV so it could be something I've overlooked.
Ezatoka

Re: CSI: Episodes "Title skipped due to navigation error"

Post by Ezatoka »

Could be a tough copy protection.

I don't know if it's the same with the CSI episodes, but some series on DVD have one large video title which is basically all episodes one after another and then having the single ones listed as well within MakeMKV.

If the CSI DVDs have such a large title, you might try to rip that one and split it with MKVToolnix by chapters.

You also could give DVDfab Passkey a try. I think for just DVDs you don't need a license. Rip the disk to hard drive (it will stay in IFO and VOB files) and then "Open DVD files manually" in MakeMKV and point it to the files in the directory. You usually can ignore the warning about ripping errors which follows. At least for me it never caused problems.