How I Met Your Mother - Season 7

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
BardHawk

How I Met Your Mother - Season 7

Post by BardHawk »

Went through all 9 seasons on DVD but season 7 Make MKV can't see the files. Each season is 3 discs. When I open the discs in explorer all the files are there, and I can watch them normally on the DVDs, but even the most up-to-date version of Make MKV doesn't see the files on any of the 3 discs. I assume this is some kind of copyright protection Make MKV isn't overriding, but it's weird it's only this one particular season (which would be 2012) when the next two newer seasons (8 & 9) aren't a problem. Anyone have any ideas how I can get Make MKV to see these so I can copy them?
Woodstock

Re: How I Met Your Mother - Season 7

Post by Woodstock »

Are you seeing any errors in the log (assuming you have debug logging enabled)?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
BardHawk

Post by BardHawk »

Debugging is enabled and there are no errors. There are debug codes and title skips and then the log ends with "Operation Successfully Completed".
BardHawk

Post by BardHawk »

No one has a clue apparently what the problem would be, so guessing it's just that Make MKV was fooled by the right protection.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Maybe post your log into this thread? I don't have that TV show so I haven't experienced your issue directly but maybe there's something in the log.
kennova

Post by kennova »

Interestingly I'm seeing the same thing with Season 5. I've tried 4 different drives on 3 different computers. So I don't think it's hardware.

In the end I turned on expert mode, and it could see the tracks and I could request the appropriate titles. That may work for you as well.

These are the helpful pages.
http://makemkv.com/manualdvd/
viewtopic.php?t=15370
kennova

Post by kennova »

Got to Season 7. Had the same issue you did. Manual mode worked though.