Most titles missing

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
dcruff

Most titles missing

Post by dcruff »

I've had a few discs which do not display all of the titles. Currently, Sense and Sensibility (1995) is only showing 1 title, even though there are several bonus features on the disc, including Deleted Scenes, Trailers, and Tributes. When I use AnyDVD to store the files on the hard drive, I can see that the VIDEO_TS VOB file is almost 800 MB and when played directly, seems to have all of the bonus features in it.
Woodstock

Re: Most titles missing

Post by Woodstock »

Prefences->IO

What do you have for the minimum title length?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
dcruff

Post by dcruff »

It was set the the default of 120. I just tried again with 50 and it didn't show the other titles. What do you suggest?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Personally, I use 30 seconds, and that covers most extras, but some people set much larger numbers, like 900 and above. That setting would skip over a LOT of extras, and I have an anime series where the episodes themselves are on 242 seconds long.

The information window at the bottom (and the debug log, if you have it turned on) will show if MakeMKV is skipping titles as "too short".

Sometimes, smaller titles are part of a larger one, and the disk menu directs what portion of that file to play. I get a lot of series where all the promo spots are in a single file, with each 30-90 second promo being a chapter.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
dcruff

Post by dcruff »

I've tried 1, 15, 50, 120, and 200 all to no avail. Still, I just see one title, which is the feature film only. In order to get to those bonus files, I used another program to convert the VOB and then edited the file in order to get to the 2 deleted scenes, 1 Trailer, and 1 Emma Thompson Golden Globes speech. I'd rather have just used MakeMKV.
dcruff

Post by dcruff »

I have tried 1, 15, 50, 120, and 200 seconds, all to no avail. I still only see one title, which is the feature film with no extras.

In order to get the bonus files, I used another program to convert the VOB vile and then extracted out the Deleted Scenes, Trailer, and Emma Thompson Golden Globes Speech.

Would have rather used MakeMKV.

I haven't had troubles with other movies.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

You could re-author the disc with DVD Shrink and convert the resulting file to MKV.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch