"Operation successfully completed" but "Failed to save title"

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Prof.Ron.Helms

"Operation successfully completed" but "Failed to save title"

Post by Prof.Ron.Helms »

After years of successful MakeMKV use this error has recently begun happening with MakeMKV version 1.16/3 running the current version of Windows 10 on a Dell laptop,, a Dell PC, and a Surface Pro. I save files to a QNAP NAS that MakeMkV has used successfully many, many times.
MakeMKV successfully transcribes the entire movie from a DVD, giving the message "Operation successfully completed" followed by "Saving 1 titles into directory Z:/Movies/Downsize/New" and an .mkv file of appropriate size was created in the specified output folder. Then MakeMKV immediately issues the message, "Failed to save title 0 to file Z:/Movies/Downsize/New/title_t00.mkv" followed by "0 titles saved, 1 failed".
AS the file is there I try viewing it with the current version of VLC Media Player and the app will not play the movie.
This has happened with about a dozen DVD disks on all 3 computers, each with its own DVD/Blu-ray drive. But it's not consistent. Some disks work, some don't.
In only one case (of about a dozen disks with this problem) MakeMKV failed on the Dell laptop and subsequently created a good file from the Surface Pro on the target drive with no "0 titles saved" message. In all other cases if it failed on one machine it failed the others.
I have searched the forum for posts indicating that others have experienced this problem but found none.
Please help!
RileyB

Re: "Operation successfully completed" but "Failed to save title"

Post by RileyB »

Hi !
I've been dealing with the same issue ! If in the mean time you've found a solution I'm interested !
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

On the rare occasion when I've experienced that scenario, it always seems to be that MakeMKV managed to read the whole title but there were hash check errors along the way. Is there some indication of read errors in your log?
Puka9985

Post by Puka9985 »

I've been experiencing the same issue recently. Before I updated to the latest version I didn't have any problems, now it fails to save something like one in every ten files. I've had to settle for acquiring the desired files from other sources rather than from my trusty DVDs. Please keep us posted if you ever find a proper solution