Errors Married with Children DVD Boxset

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
sjd101

Errors Married with Children DVD Boxset

Post by sjd101 »

Hi
I am new to all this. Recently discovered Plex which is fantastic so decided to buy a UHD Archgon drive and start ripping some old DVD's and Blu Rays especially ones not readily available on Streaming sites after reading about using MKV and Handbrake.

I started with Married With Children Boxset which I bought brand new from Amazon. Ripped 7 seasons no problem. Season 8 get this error
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading 'BD-RE PIONEER BD-RW BDR-UD04 1.14' at offset '16549888'
And this
Error 'OS error - STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom0' at offset '16549888'
I have read the forum and the consensus is clean the discs even if they are brand new. I have used Zeiss Lens wipes that I use for my glasses but no joy. What's odd is on some discs it will rip a few episodes. Maybe 3 or 4 but never the whole disc. If you try again it always does the same episodes, never any different ones. The discs play fine using Cyberlink Power DVD if you want to watch them. Tried some discs from Season 9 and 10 and same issue.

I gave up after trying an old DVD drive that I had in the draw. Same thing happened so I moved onto Cheers and Frasier to see if I had any similar issues. Both brand new off Amazon. All 11 seasons ripped from both series without a problem. I have also ripped some old discs as well that I had in the house. New Statesman, Phoenix Nights. All fine.

I did see a post elsewhere on the forum (but I cant find it now) where someone else ran into issues with this TV show at Season 8, exactly the same.

Any suggestions to try an overcome this would be gratefully appreciated
Thanks
dcoke22

Re: Errors Married with Children DVD Boxset

Post by dcoke22 »

viewtopic.php?p=94311#p94311

That person also had issues with the German version of season 8 of Married with Children. They have only posted twice, so it is unclear if they resolved their issue.

In any case, as you're no doubt aware, those errors mean the drive was unable to correctly read the data on the disc. There's little that MakeMKV can do about that.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15055
sjd101

Post by sjd101 »

Thanks for the reply. Thought maybe other than cleaning that there maybe something I could do in settings. Will try one of the PC's at work with built in DVD drive and see if that makes a difference.

I appreciate that this is a forum for Make MKV but has anyone had any joy with stubborn discs by using an alternate piece of software? Assumed after my post that there was a way. Maybe not
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I have two different drives. Between the two drives and occasionally cleaning a disc, I can generally get everything ripped. Rarely, I have a friend do a rip on their drive. In my experience drives matter more than software or firmware.
sjd101

Post by sjd101 »

That's good to know. I will try some different drives. Thanks
Russ57

Post by Russ57 »

I can’t rip my box set at all. It takes over 2hrs through thousands of VOBUS but says region code varies with my Pioneer Blu Ray DVD & fails to open disc ...the first time makemkv cannot open any disc ?
sjd101

Post by sjd101 »

Does it work ok just to play the episodes off any given disc? I did email Mike with all the errors to see if he could shed some light but never got a response. Had to give up as had no other issue with any other discs to date. First 7 seasons and disc one of S8. No issues. Very odd