One Night At McCool's

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
GTFan06

One Night At McCool's

Post by GTFan06 »

I have four different copies and five different drives and I cannot get this title to rip. It does the decode just fine and it starts making the mkv, but then all of a sudden about 2/3 into the rip it fails without an error code. How do I resolve this or is there a way for me to get this saved to my drive by a different method that is not TOO complicated?
Woodstock

Re: One Night At McCool's

Post by Woodstock »

Have you activated debug logging? Some errors only seem to be recorded when debug logging is on.

I would start by making an ISO backup of the disk, to make sure it doesn't have a mastering flaw that prevents reading. You didn't say what operating system you're using, but the program dd, found on Linux and MacOS, can read the contents of a disk to an image file. Win10 has dd available through the "WSL" Linux environment.

If the ISO is created without error, have MakeMKV open that as a file, and see if it can read it.

I have mastering errors before with a different set - all copies I could buy had the same error in the same location, and even the Netflix rental failed at the same spot. The only way I was able to rip the particular episode was to dig out an old DVD-only drive, and set the retry count stupidly high; It was eventually able to rip the episode.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
GTFan06

Post by GTFan06 »

I am running Windows 10...

This is the error message after turning debug errors on...

LIBMKV_TRACE: Exception: MKV_ASSERT: TimecodeDelay >= int16(0x8000) && TimecodeDelay <= int16(0x7FFF)
GTFan06

Post by GTFan06 »

So... I have now made an Iso file and it also errors out with the same message in the same place.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

At this point, follow the procedure outlined in this link: https://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8

Drop the logs and other files described into an email to support@makemkv.com for Mike to look at. He will probably email you with a request or two for additional information.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging