Movies giving errors

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
ntbone

Movies giving errors

Post by ntbone »

I tested movies I have copied from DVD using ffmpeg. I am getting a large list of these error messages.

"[null @ 0000019f94c76080] Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer in stream 0: 191530 >= 191530"

The numbers at the end change of course.

I have tried the latest versions of both ffmpeg and makemkv and the result is the same.
The videos, with the exception of one title, play just fine with no noticeable errors. I am suspecting there is perhaps something wrong with ffmpeg but thought I would reach out here.
Not all the DVD's I have ripped do this, but most of them tested so far have.

I have also used DVDFab to rip the movies as both MKV and VOB. VOB has a few errors, but the MKV has the same barrage of errors that makemkv does.

It makes it difficult to verify the integrity of the movies.
Woodstock

Re: Movies giving errors

Post by Woodstock »

The error is coming from ffmpeg, and it essentially means the DTS stream has errors in it.

If you are ripping the movie with MakeMKV to an MKV file, use a profile that does not change any audio; that will avoid getting the ffmpeg errors during the rip itself.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ntbone

Re: Movies giving errors

Post by ntbone »

Thanks for the response.

No changes were made to the audio or subtitles. Everything was ripped from the DVD as is. Lossy conversion of closed caption was performed.

Additionally I used the mkvtoolnix tools to remove everything but the video track and the errors were still thee. Also note that it is complaining about stream 0 which is the video stream.