How to extract music videos from a DVD?

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
PIPO1919

How to extract music videos from a DVD?

Post by PIPO1919 »

Good afternoon, does anyone know how I can extract music videos separately from a dvd? Many times they coincide with the chapters, a long time ago I had a mac program that did it and it extracted them to .vob files
Today what I'm looking for is to do it on pc and extract it without converting to mpeg or rather extract it and convert it without loss of quality, but I already say video clip to video clip, not all together and the same for concerts.
Thank you!!!
Woodstock

Re: How to extract music videos from a DVD?

Post by Woodstock »

Not with just MakeMKV.

You can extract the whole video with MakeMKV, then process it with other tools to grab the audio you want. I've used Audacity for that, because I can tell it where to start/stop on a export, and what form to output it to.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
PIPO1919

Post by PIPO1919 »

exactly what I want is a video of maybe 10 or 12 songs, imagine, for example, the michael jackson videos, extract them individually, video + music, together, to be able to see the random together with others that I have with any player of files, but I want to separate them one by one, I don't know if I have explained myself well, my English is very bad, sorry
PIPO1919

Post by PIPO1919 »

good afternoon, I expressed myself badly, my english is very bad
what I wanted is to give an example, I have the dvd of michael jackson with 10 videos, I want to extract them individually, the cuts of the dvd coincide with the chapters, and have 10 individual files to play on other devices either in mp4 format or mkv. The idea is to see them randomly.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

You can try to re-author them with DVD Shrink.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Ezatoka

Post by Ezatoka »

PIPO1919 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:20 pm
I want to extract them individually, the cuts of the dvd coincide with the chapters
Then just extract it as one video and afterwards use mkvtoolnix and split the video after each chapter:
JTheRipper

Post by JTheRipper »

I came across this issue with a TV show that lumped all the episodes as one file.

My solution was to Open DVD Manually & instead of rip the whole file, I would tell it to only open each by chapter.

Example: It shows as 1:1-22, I would open 1:1, 1:2, 1:3, etc. Then save them all separately.

As long as each video has a new chapter (Which you can check easily on VLC player by using the Playback drop down menu to get the Title & Chapter numbers) this should work. Some of my episodes had more than one chapter. The process was a bit more laborious, but worked the way I needed in the end.

Not sure it will work for you, but it may be worth a try rather than get additional software.