Cant Rip Angel Has Fallen DVD

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
jrolson

Cant Rip Angel Has Fallen DVD

Post by jrolson »

Any one know why "Angel Has Fallon" dvd cant be ripped?

I'm guessing it's has something to do with the copy protection... Any workaround for this?
Woodstock

Re: Cant Rip Angel Has Fallen DVD

Post by Woodstock »

With no clues to work from, it could just as easily be a crack from the hub to the outside edge, or a finger print in the wrong place, or a bad pressing of the disk, or a failing disk drive.

How about some help, like showing us the debug log of your attempt. If you don't know what that means, you can read the FAQ link in my signature for more information.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
dmitche3

Post by dmitche3 »

I had no problem with the DVD just last week.

What is occurring?
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

I'm also having problems with the Angel Has Fallen DVD (UK via www.amazon.co.uk), it takes forever to read the disk and fails to save 3 titles, including the main film track, however does has copies of varying lengths of the film towards the end of the title list.

My log file is attached (as well as a log for trying it manually). I'm wondering if I have a dodgy DVD, from looking at it, it seems OK with a clean surface (and played in my DVD player on the TV).

Using a purchased version of MakeMKV v1.14.7 on a Blu-Ray drive (Windows 10) that has been used to rip over 400 DVDs/Blu-rays.

Should I send it back for a replacement?

Jonathan
Attachments
ManualMakeMKV_log.txt
(24.44 KiB) Downloaded 502 times
MakeMKV_log.txt
(87.97 KiB) Downloaded 534 times
Grauhaar

Post by Grauhaar »

The log shows a huge number of read errors. Bad disc, dirty disc, scratches ....
Good Luck :)

Post by Jonathan »

Grauhaar wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:54 pm
The log shows a huge number of read errors. Bad disc, dirty disc, scratches ....
Yeah, I reckon bad disk. Sending it back for a replacement.

Jonathan
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Umm, interesting - getting the same issues with my replacement disc. I wonder if a funny batch? Going to send it back and try getting it later on from else where (i.e. not amazon).
Grauhaar

Post by Grauhaar »

Hmm, after looking again in the log I found this:
005040:0308 The folder "F:" appears to be a root folder on drive "BD-RE ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.10". Video discs should be opened using "Open disc" command, not as individual files - most likely files will fail to open. Do you want to open corresponding disc instead?
003006:0000 Opening files on harddrive at F:/VIDEO_TS
I miss something like this "003007:0000 Using direct disc access mode"

Can you explain this? The DVD is not opened as an "Optical Media". That's very strange.... How is the drive connected?
You start MaekMKV and press the big button with the disc symbol?
DId you see in the Windows Explorer an Icon for "Optical Device" (like harddrive, but with a disc over the drive) for this device ?

Same problem with over DVDs to rip?
Good Luck :)

Post by Jonathan »

Drive is internal, is that message in the second log file "manual" where I tried to manually open the disk? No problems at all with the 400+ other DVDs/Blu-rays ripped from that drive. Windows see's it as a optical drive.

Have sent back both copies of "Angel has Fallen" now, will purchase it again later from another source to see if it was a batch issue.
Dal1980

Post by Dal1980 »

I have a problem reading from the Blue Ray version, can't even play it through PowerDVD 12.

It initially picks the disc up in MakeMKV but then after pressing to read I get errors

Code: Select all

MakeMKV v1.14.7 win(x64-release) started
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.01' at offset '720896'
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.01' at offset '720896'
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.01' at offset '2818048'
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.01' at offset '2818048'
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.01' at offset '1835008'
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.01' at offset '1847296'
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.01' at offset '1835008'
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.01' at offset '1861632'
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.01' at offset '1769472'
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.01' at offset '1769472'
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.01' at offset '1824768'
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading '/AACS/MKB_RO.inf' at offset '0'
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading '/AACS/Content000.cer' at offset '0'
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.01' at offset '69632'
udf: UDF mount: reading in reserve VDS extent
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.01' at offset '48165027840'
udf: UDF mount: error reading volume space
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.01' at offset '32768'
Failed to open disc
Error 'OS error - This device does not exist' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.01' at offset '65536'
Error 'OS error - This device does not exist' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.01' at offset '65536'
udf: UDF mount: reading in reserve VDS extent
Error 'OS error - This device does not exist' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.01' at offset '48165027840'
Error 'OS error - This device does not exist' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.01' at offset '48165027840'
udf: UDF mount: error reading volume space
Error 'OS error - This device does not exist' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.01' at offset '32768'
Cleaned disc and still nothing. I am able to play on Blue Ray player and have watched movie with no issues.
jrolson

Post by jrolson »

Same for me as well, disc plays just fine in DVD player, But trying to rip with MakeMKV all I get is read errors. Even tried a replacement disc but no change...

Also tried Passkey + DVDdecrypter but only small sized titles are found...

Out of my 100 DVD's this has been the only one causing any issues.
dmitche3

Post by dmitche3 »

Try using Handbrake. Don't forget to copy the libdvdcss.dll to your installation folder.

Hmm, I suppose the UK version is quite a bit different than the US version. No idea other than the usual tricks, such as don't rip subtitles, selected audio.

My first DVD reader is older, about 10 years and I have it set to the UK region. My second is set for US region. I doubt that this would have any effect other than adding a few seconds of start up time with a mismatched DVD.

I would have ripped it again and looked at the log files and included the IFO files but I loaned the disc to my brother. :(

Good luck.
MartynT

Post by MartynT »

I have the same problem with my UK version ... investigating

For this UK DVD 5055761914108 from Amazon UK
This works for me: manual mode and enter title 71

This MAY also work:
Source title ID: 39
Duration: 1:55:57
Chapters count: 16
Size: 4.1 GB