DVDFab warning on official Product?

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
snintendog

DVDFab warning on official Product?

Post by snintendog »

I just Bought All in the family complete Box set by shout factory in walmart and only just started to rip them when i saw this DVDfab/mactheripper error warning box show up. Does that mean shout factory mastered the disks wrong or did a bootleg make it to shelves? So far i have yet to witness any real errors on the files output by the disks I am only 3 disks in at this point though. I have bought a few boxsets from shout before and this hasn't come up with them(leave it to beaver and Father knows best). My setup includes an Asus DVD internal drive and a LG blueray internal drive the warning shows up on both drives.
The boxset has SF13614 for it product number on shouts website and a UPC of 8 26663 13614 2 with 28 disks total.
Fairly new not sure if this is the right place to post this sorry in advance for any mods inconvenience.
Woodstock

Re: DVDFab warning on official Product?

Post by Woodstock »

That warning also pops up on about half of the Castle DVD sets I bought. The disks were authored with characteristics that match an AnyDVD rip.

After doing what I could to confirm they WERE legitimate disks (sold by Amazon, not one of their third parties), I just decided I'd done my best to make sure they weren't pirated.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
snintendog

Post by snintendog »

That is a relief i am in to season 6 since earlier the only thing i did find an issue with was a non tracking error apparently one of the disks did have a error in its content table since ripping the VOB alone allowed me to convert it separately anyway using handbrake. still a bit distressing when you first see that especially in this industry with overzealous lawyers.
Ron The Bear

Post by Ron The Bear »

Popup also seen on Air Crash Investigation Season 19, purchased from JB Hi-Fi.
ramicio

Post by ramicio »

Wow. I just bought All in the Family on DVD and I am actually suspecting that it's a counterfeit product. I'm having major errors ripping them, and they are all DVD5 discs instead of DVD9. I don't know how to tell, but I don't think they are region locked. If I copy just a VOB file in explorer, it plays fine (shows it's not encrypted). This is why I don't deal with DVDs anymore and just deal with not having certain content at all. I guess it's time to stop giving Amazon my business and just start ordering titles directly from the publisher. I also suspect my Mork & Mindy set is counterfeit now. All DVD5 and not encrypted.
ramicio

Post by ramicio »

I ordered the set of All in the Family directly from Shout Factory and the packaging is even different. The outer sleeve is slightly thicker. The print colors of the one from Amazon is off. Most discs of the real set are DVD9. No problem copying the real ones so far, and there are no DVDfab/mactheripper warnings.
pusalieth

Post by pusalieth »

Also happened on Digimon Digital Monters box set, bought on eBay, marketed as brand new factory seal. Using LG drive.