Region Code Error

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
kahasm

Region Code Error

Post by kahasm »

while trying to read Straight outta compton, I received the following message:
Region setting of drive PIONEER:BD-RW BDR-209M does not match the region of currently inserted disc, trying to work around...
DEBUG: Code 233 at 5A5LcnUEXOAvYWLuViaSLZEK:0

the dvd drive in question is region 1 ( which is the united states ) and the dvd is also region 1; plays fine on pc or on home audio dvd player
Woodstock

Re: Region Code Error

Post by Woodstock »

Region coding can give strange results from time to time. Did MakeMKV report that the title was saved? Normally, it does not CARE what region the drive or disk are.... I regularly rip out-of-region DVDs without issue, but with warnings.

Before I removed my DVD drive from the primary ripping computer (needed a second BD because of the shift in my purchases), it didn't even have a region selected...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
h436d

Post by h436d »

I apologize to bump an old thread but since it is the first result for this error on google I figure I might as well put a solution here for others who might experience it.
I never used to get this error but I just started getting it with the latest beta update.

The error went away when I stopped running makemkv from a "snap" installation and started running it from a native debian ppa install.
Anyone else experiencing this issue may want to attempt the same thing. I suspect it may be related to some change in the access the unofficial snap version has to access the underlying hardware as the following error was showing up in dmesg.

Code: Select all

[   94.576728] audit: type=1400 audit(1673224622.297:135): apparmor="DENIED" operation="open" profile="snap.makemkv.makemkv" name="/dev/sg0" pid=17817 comm="makemkvcon" requested_mask="w" denied_mask="w" fsuid=1000 ouid=0
[   98.294219] audit: type=1400 audit(1673224626.013:136): apparmor="DENIED" operation="open" profile="snap.makemkv.makemkv" name="/dev/sg0" pid=17817 comm="makemkvcon" requested_mask="w" denied_mask="w" fsuid=1000 ouid=0
Jeppedy

Post by Jeppedy »

I'm getting the same issue. Ubuntu with Docker. Takes extra time, but no reason I can think of it should be having region issues
Qwerty27

Post by Qwerty27 »

h436d wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:20 am
I apologize to bump an old thread but since it is the first result for this error on google I figure I might as well put a solution here for others who might experience it.
I never used to get this error but I just started getting it with the latest beta update.

The error went away when I stopped running makemkv from a "snap" installation and started running it from a native debian ppa install.
Anyone else experiencing this issue may want to attempt the same thing. I suspect it may be related to some change in the access the unofficial snap version has to access the underlying hardware as the following error was showing up in dmesg.

Code: Select all

[   94.576728] audit: type=1400 audit(1673224622.297:135): apparmor="DENIED" operation="open" profile="snap.makemkv.makemkv" name="/dev/sg0" pid=17817 comm="makemkvcon" requested_mask="w" denied_mask="w" fsuid=1000 ouid=0
[   98.294219] audit: type=1400 audit(1673224626.013:136): apparmor="DENIED" operation="open" profile="snap.makemkv.makemkv" name="/dev/sg0" pid=17817 comm="makemkvcon" requested_mask="w" denied_mask="w" fsuid=1000 ouid=0
Do I have to put this in a terminal. Or reinstall make mkv with this. I tried it in terminal, and it came up with "syntax error near unexpected token '(' " and, so I changed it the '[' to '(' and it bash: syntax error near unexpected token audit:

Am I doing something wrong or am I not putting it in the right area? Or do I have to reinstall makemkv. I don't know. I am using Linux zoron os 15.1 and today was really the first day messing with terminal
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

h436d didn't provide any command line instructions. They merely posted some log files to show the error being discussed.