region 4 discs wont backup

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
ozjohnno

region 4 discs wont backup

Post by ozjohnno » Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:23 am

Greetings,
This is my first post on the forum, my my problem is as follows:

My goal is to back up all stargate SG1 disks (all 10 seasons and a couple of movies) onto my NAS (synology DS423+). It started off well, I managed to get the first season backed up, but whenI tried to backup the next season, I got the following error

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:MEDIA REGION CODE IS MISMATCHED TO LOGICAL UNIT REGION' occurred while reading 'BD-RE MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ272 1.00 WQ81 005857' at offset '1048576'

The problem is, I know the disks are all region 4 (I'm in Australia), and have played them on my dvd player.

I did put Makemkv onto my system a little while ago. Have I run into the end of the 30 day freeware thing, do I need to buy a subscription.

How much is the subscription

Thanks in advance

ozjohnno

MartyMcNuts

Re: region 4 discs wont backup

Post by MartyMcNuts » Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:06 pm

ozjohnno wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:23 am
Greetings,
This is my first post on the forum, my my problem is as follows:

My goal is to back up all stargate SG1 disks (all 10 seasons and a couple of movies) onto my NAS (synology DS423+). It started off well, I managed to get the first season backed up, but whenI tried to backup the next season, I got the following error

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:MEDIA REGION CODE IS MISMATCHED TO LOGICAL UNIT REGION' occurred while reading 'BD-RE MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ272 1.00 WQ81 005857' at offset '1048576'

The problem is, I know the disks are all region 4 (I'm in Australia), and have played them on my dvd player.

I did put Makemkv onto my system a little while ago. Have I run into the end of the 30 day freeware thing, do I need to buy a subscription.

How much is the subscription

Thanks in advance

ozjohnno
Use a different drive. Mat*shit*a drives are known for not allowing software to bypass region coding.

You could check the drives region coding in device manager and change it if it's not set to region 4.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com

ozjohnno

Post by ozjohnno » Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:58 am

Me again,
I checked the region on my system, and it was set to 3?? WTF, reset it back to 4 (Im in Australia), restarted the laptop, but no, I still got the error outlined in my OP. Can someone PLEASE let me know what is a good external Blu ray disk drive, so I can chuck this POS drive out.

OZjohnno

dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 » Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:30 pm

ozjohnno wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:58 am
Me again,
I checked the region on my system, and it was set to 3?? WTF, reset it back to 4 (Im in Australia), restarted the laptop, but no, I still got the error outlined in my OP. Can someone PLEASE let me know what is a good external Blu ray disk drive, so I can chuck this POS drive out.

OZjohnno
MartyMcNuts will sell you a Pioneer drive. They're considered the best, but you have to get one with old firmware, since recently Pioneer released a firmware update to try to disable MakeMKV.