The Stunt Man - Fail To Open

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Chest Rockwell

#1 Post by Chest Rockwell » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:05 am

Another one of my problem DVDs. Log attached. Log does not seem to contain much.

Cells 2-end were skipped due to cell commands (structure protection?)
Title #1 has length of 56 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 600 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #2 has length of 159 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 600 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #3 has length of 196 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 600 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4 has length of 119 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 600 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #5 has length of 49 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 600 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #6 has length of 126 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 600 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #11 has length of 191 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 600 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #12 has length of 1 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 600 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #13/2 has length of 20 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 600 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/1 has length of 9 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 600 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/2 has length of 9 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 600 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/3 has length of 9 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 600 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/4 has length of 9 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 600 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #16 has length of 15 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 600 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #17 has length of 1 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 600 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #18 has length of 34 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 600 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #19 has length of 19 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 600 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #20 has length of 19 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 600 seconds and was therefore skipped
Failed to open disc
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
(2.93 KiB) Downloaded 431 times

Woodstock

Re: The Stunt Man - Fail To Open

#2 Post by Woodstock » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:18 am

Have you tried setting your minimum title length to something below its current 10 minute value? At least then you can see if it can read the disk; right now, it's rejected everything it finds as being too short.

The title lengths look like this is a "features" disk, rather than the main title disk.

Chest Rockwell

#3 Post by Chest Rockwell » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:18 am

Yes, this is the disc with the main feature. There is a separate extras disc and that rips fine. I reduced minimum title length to 60 seconds and also used v.1.7.8, which was just posted. The disc now opens, but the title for the main feature is missing. The movie length is 130 minutes and there are no titles of that length. At least titles 7-10 and 15 are missing?

Cells 2-end were skipped due to cell commands (structure protection?)
Title #1 has length of 56 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 60 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #2 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:39)
Title #3 was added (1 cell(s), 0:03:16)
Title #4 was added (1 cell(s), 0:01:59)
Title #5 has length of 49 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 60 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #6 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:06)
Title #11 was added (1 cell(s), 0:03:11)
Title #12 has length of 1 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 60 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #13/2 has length of 20 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 60 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/1 has length of 9 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 60 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/2 has length of 9 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 60 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/3 has length of 9 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 60 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/4 has length of 9 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 60 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #16 has length of 15 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 60 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #17 has length of 1 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 60 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #18 has length of 34 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 60 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #19 has length of 19 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 60 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #20 has length of 19 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 60 seconds and was therefore skipped
Operation successfully completed

setarip_old

#4 Post by setarip_old » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:30 pm

Hi!

Is this and the several others you've also now posted about NEW or are they "Previously Viewed"?

Chest Rockwell

#5 Post by Chest Rockwell » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:53 pm

I purchased this and the other discs from Amazon at some point in the past couple years and they have been sitting in my collection. These are some of the few discs that have given me continuing problems trying to back them up. I had time this weekend to finally create the logs and post them here. I may have bought one or two used, but all the discs have clean surfaces with no obvious defects.

I also have a few more troublesome discs, mostly for episodic series, that I hope to get around to posting in the near future.