Dexter Season 1 dvds

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
KnightRid

Dexter Season 1 dvds

Post by KnightRid »

This one is a bit odd. I am ripping the episodes individually for on my NAS for my dvds. MakeMKV finds them, puts them in a mkv on my NAS but they look like crap when I play them. They are almost black with a few outlines for people and objects. If you need a screen cap, I can snip one and upload.

I have ripped the dvd to the hard drive with another program to remove protection then ran it through makemkv with the same results.

I am ripping my whole collection (around 800 sets) with tv and movie discs but this is the first one I noticed this on. I have played back a few others and they play fine.

I am using VLC to play the files.

Oh and no errors have been encountered when using makemkv. It acts like it did with my other discs but the video is just horrid for some reason.

This is a nice program when you want full quality. A few quirks here and there but for the most part it owrks very well, except this problem I just ran in to.
setarip_old

Re: Dexter Season 1 dvds

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!
It acts like it did with my other discs but the video is just horrid for some reason.
Does the original disc play properly on a PC and/or standalone player?

KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

setarip_old wrote:Hi!
It acts like it did with my other discs but the video is just horrid for some reason.
Does the original disc play properly on a PC and/or standalone player?

Yep, originals play perfect.

I tried the crappy media player in windows and it actually played them and they looked fine (other than AR being off but its probably a setting in media player). I dont understand it since VLC plays everything else.
silvergoat

Post by silvergoat »

I had the same problem with my Dexter season(s) since I started using the program. I tested about half the seasons and gave up on the rest. Also DVD format, not Bluray. I tried season 1 again after I purchased the program a few months later and the same issue persists. I hope it's something that can be cleared up with a future release.