Minor Bug: No audio selected on foreign language disks

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
knobbi

Minor Bug: No audio selected on foreign language disks

Post by knobbi »

Hi,

Just a very minor bug report.

I buy a lot of foreign language TV-series DVDs and then rip them.

Typically on a DVD is a bunch of episodes (/N/ titles), where each title has Mpeg2 Video, and "[x] Subtitles English" already selected. But the only audio track "DD Stereo Japanese" is not automatically selected -> so *no* audio is selected. I expect it's not selected because it's not my default language.

It seems obvious to me that if there is only one audio track, even if that track is foreign with respect to language settings, it should be selected automatically.

The workaround is to expand the tree for each of the 13 titles (in this case) and select the audio manually.
But I feel this is a bit of donkey-work MakeMKV should have done for me by default.

thanks guys.
Woodstock

Re: Minor Bug: No audio selected on foreign language disks

Post by Woodstock »

What do you have set in your language preferences?

If you have a preferred language selected, the normal behavior is to ONLY select tracks in that language. A better choice is to leave the preferred language set to "none", OR you can use selection rules (requires use of Expert mode) that can assign a higher priority to "favlang" tracks.

When dealing with foreign languages with no dub, things can get screwy when you select a preferred language. In the case of other tools, like handbrake, you can set a preferred language AND secondary languages.