Brave DVD audio sync issue

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
chuga

Brave DVD audio sync issue

Post by chuga »

Hi,

I am having trouble getting a good quality rip of the Brave DVD. I ripped it using DVDFab (newest version) to Video_TS folder. When I play this folder using MPC-HC it seems OK.

Then I use makemkv to convert to a .mkv file. When playing this file with MPC-HC at some point the audio becomes out of sync with video.

I have tried re-ripping a few times with DVD Fab, and re-creating with makemkv but can't fix the issue.

Any suggestions??

thanks for the help

chuga
crowfax

Re: Brave DVD audio sync issue

Post by crowfax »

Don't rip with DVDfab first.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
chuga

Post by chuga »

If you rip directly with MakeMKV do you have to run anydvd or something in the background?

I had issues trying to rip some DVDs with MakeMKV....for example Beauty and the Beast - you get all of these different main tracks with different angles to choose from. DVDFab seems to pick the correct track.

thanks!
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

If you rip directly with MakeMKV do you have to run anydvd or something in the background?
Absolutely not...