Strange issue with DVD

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Twowit2woo

Strange issue with DVD

Post by Twowit2woo »

I've just started using MakeMKV (boy do I wish I had discoverd it sooner!) and am having an issue with one particular disc.

It doesn't fail to open or copy, on the contrary it copies the tracks fine (or so it seems.) It's what it cobbles together that is somewhat strange.

Assuming this is the right place to report such an issue, I wondered if someone could assist.

The disc is a Disney Princess DVD that has three episodes on it. 1) Ariel, 2) Snow White and 3) Jasmine.

When played on a DVD player, each of these episodes has an intro and an outro (does this word exist?) - thus

[Ariel intro] - [Ariel episode] - [Ariel outro]
[Snow White intro] - [Snow White episode] - [Snow White outro]
[Jasmine intro] - [Jasmine episode] - [Jasmine outro]

When MKV rips it, I get:

title00 - [Jasmine episode] - [Snow White intro]
title01 - [Snow White episode] - [Snow White outro]
title02 - [Ariel intro] - [Ariel episode]

Now at this stage, although something has not gone right it isn't the biggest problem in the world as I could cut the various clips and splice them together correctly. However, what I also find is that when I get to the Ariel intro title, the audio suddenly cuts out for the duration of the intro. When the Ariel episode starts to play, it then plays the audio from the intro. It gets back on track somehow later on during the episode, but clearly something is a bit screwed. In all of the titles it rips, and it duplicates some of them, I do not have any Ariel clips or episodes that I can use.

I've trawled the forums for some other instance but have not found anything so far.

Does anyone have any idea on what is going on or how to fix it? I'm using the latest version.

Any help appreciated
mike admin

Re: Strange issue with DVD

Post by mike admin »

This sounds strange. Please do this - http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8/catid/6 . Also, please do a testdump ( http://www.makemkv.com/onlinehelp/testdump.html ) for a first title as well.
Twowit2woo

Post by Twowit2woo »

All logs created. Have emailed you all the links.

Regards,
Twowit2woo

Post by Twowit2woo »

is it at all likely this will be fixed ... or should I keep my DVD player! :D
Twowit2woo

Post by Twowit2woo »

I'll assume the latter in view of the amount of time that has passed since reporting. That's a shame :(
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

I might simply require more time to figure out a workaround.

SC
Twowit2woo

Post by Twowit2woo »

That's cool - as long as I know! :)
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

This was looked at but it's impossible to diagnose without the actual disc. Can you please provide information about the disc - full name, region, upc code?