Problem with Stargate SG1 Season 4 Disk 5

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
bartman

Problem with Stargate SG1 Season 4 Disk 5

Post by bartman »

Email sent to support, but posting here as well. Getting a failed to extract on the final episode of Stargate SG-1, Season 4 on disc 5. Getting the error under both OSX and Windows 7, so it must be a poorly mastered disc.
setarip_old

Re: Problem with Stargate SG1 Season 4 Disk 5

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

1) Have you tried cleaning the disc?

2) Try doing a FULL DISC rip and then do the individual epiusodes from that rip...

bartman

Post by bartman »

Disc is spotless. It rips fine full rip - and all other episodes rip fine as well. Episode fails to rip either from disc or from disc image. Episode plays fine directly from DVD, and Handbrake can rip it - just don't want a re-encode. Same errors many have reported that have been attributed to bad mastering and requires a workaround to be coded in the software. ifo files and debug log were emailed to support.
gmitch64

Post by gmitch64 »

A 'me too' message, but I am also having problems ripping this episode. Is there any point in me sending IFO/logs to support since others seem to have done the same?

G
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Please send the full log , C:\Users\jeffb/MakeMKV_log.txt from 1.6.6 to support@makemkv.com . Just the log, no need for IFO files.
bartman

Post by bartman »

Looks like 1.6.7 fixes this. Thanks.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Woodstock wrote:This episode, however, ripped without any alternate audio or subtitle tracks.
Did you see audio and subtitle tracks in the tree when you opened the disc? Or You've selected all the tracks and they turned out empty?