Problem Ripping Peter Gunn series 1

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
bigshot

Problem Ripping Peter Gunn series 1

Post by bigshot »

I've run into a problem with the four disks in the first series box set of Peter Gunn (1958)

When I rip the episodes, on all four of the disks, the sixth or seventh episode goes into a long string of error messages like this...

The source file '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_05_1.VOB' is corrupt or invalid at offset 517666816, attempting to work around
The source file '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_05_1.VOB' is corrupt or invalid at offset 517668864, attempting to work around
The source file '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_05_1.VOB' is corrupt or invalid at offset 517670912, attempting to work around
etc. etc. etc.

Literally, a mile of that stuff.

When the rips are done, the files are there, but the one with the error message is missing the whole last segment of the show, or has badly scrambled and skipping video through one section. Most of the episode is intact, but one segment gets messed up. The file size of the episode is significantly smaller on the messed up ones too. 500 as opposed to 800.

The other seasons are fine. It's just season 1 and it's just the sixth episode on each of the four disks. The set is brand new and the disks are perfect. No scratches. I tried ripping it with RipIt and it errors on those 4 disks too.
bigshot

Re: Problem Ripping Peter Gunn series 1

Post by bigshot »

I'll do a debug file and pack up the source files from the DVD to send to you if you'd like me to.