Lost Girl Season 3

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
TLE0629

Lost Girl Season 3

Post by TLE0629 »

I am trying to make a mkv of this season but MakeMKV cannot seem to differentiate the episodes. There are three episodes on the first disc but it only shows on as one on MakeMKV. I tried three different computers and all the same. Same with other discs as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Woodstock

Re: Lost Girl Season 3

Post by Woodstock »

When you play the disk in a regular player, is there a "play all episodes" option, and then a menu to select the individual episodes?

It may be that all the episodes ARE in one file, and the individual play-back is a variation on the "scenes" menu.

This is something the manufacturers can change between seasons, and can even do differently between DVD and Bluray versions.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
TLE0629

Post by TLE0629 »

Woodstock,

You are correct. The menu has play all episodes and then you select the episodes. I've never run into this before. I take it there is no way around this?

Thanks
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

MKVMerge/Split is the best option so far. DVD's are hard because even on the actual discs the episodes aren't separated into individual files, if the IFO files that define the titles don't show them as separate entities MakeMKV has no way of knowing to split them. There has been talk of Splitting by Chapter within MakeMKV but I think Mike has higher priorities. If you get the same problem on a Blu Ray, try doing a back-up, then use EAC3TO and MKVMerge to extract and remux the M2TS files directly (MKVMerge won't extract PCM from an M2TS). As far as I can tell, most TV Shows on Blu Ray store each episode in their own file, even if it all shows as one title in MakeMKV.
TLE0629

Post by TLE0629 »

Thanks, I'll try that.