Open Slumdog Millionair Bug

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Zamon

Open Slumdog Millionair Bug

Post by Zamon »

While opening DVD "slumdog millionair" (German version) MakeMKV hangs up.
It does not really stop working first, its adding Tracks and doing its stuff like everytime, but at track nine its getting weird:
The VOBU xxx/0 is getting bigger and bigger and so does my used memory. This goes until all my memory is used (I figured out something is wrong after using about 9gb)
It even stops using the disc, the program doesn't react anymore (stop-button isn't working). When closing with the x it closes, but in background the task still exits and works on. (About 13% CPU usage and increasing memory).
It isnt a broken disc, i checked two (however its still possible they are produced with that error-causing copyprotection).
Somebody else has a problem like this with specific movies?
Or knows what to do?
Its the only movie that causes this, all other movies work fine.
Sorry for not writing better english.
Thanks
Woodstock

Re: Open Slumdog Millionair Bug

Post by Woodstock »

Without log information it will be very difficult for Mike to provide help. The link in my signature explains how to enable logging and how to send the result to Mike for analysis. You can also post the log here so that others can see it.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Zamon

Post by Zamon »

Hey,

thanks. I sent it to him. The logfile is pretty useless, everything went fine until i had to close it manually, where of course no entry could have ben made for.
so that topic is closed until next update?!
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I think this message chain will be considered "open" by most people, because it isn't resolved.

Often, the logs have debugging messages that say when specific workarounds are being used, which is why, even when they seem normal, they can be important. Unfortunately, during the initial open, there is a lot less debugging being logged...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging