Unrecovered read error causing DVD rip to fail...thoughts?

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
thediskripper13

Unrecovered read error causing DVD rip to fail...thoughts?

Post by thediskripper13 »

Hey guys.

So as hinted in the topic title, I've been getting some read errors when trying to rip this DVD. The DVD is the Gundam 00 Anime Legends Season 1 Part 3 Disc 1. A few other things to mention:

-I have successfully ripped the other five discs in the set as well as numerous other DVDs and Blu-rays so I don't think I have a hardware problem.
-This is a brand new disc straight from the packaging so I also don't think a dirty DVD is a problem.
-When I first put in the disc, MakeMkv says something about "You are opening a disc that was processed by DVDFab/MacTheRipper"

Anyway, every time I try to rip it get these 'MEDIUM ERROR:UNRECOVERED READ ERROR' and at about two-thirds the way through I get a "rip failed to save" message. Having only one disc with this problem is really aggrivating :evil: so any help or suggestions would be great. I have attached a log file if you need it. Thanks in advance! :D
Attachments
makemkvlog_10.15.2013.txt
(47.86 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
mike admin

Re: Unrecovered read error causing DVD rip to fail...thought

Post by mike admin »

Code: Select all

003342:0204 It appears that you are opening the disc processed by DvdFab/MacTheRipper which is known to produce damaged VOB files. Errors may follow - please use original disc instead.
Are you sure that you're getting this code from an original commercial DVD disc on DVD-ROM media??? Please double check.
thediskripper13

The DVD set was brand new and everything about it indicates its the real thing so I have no reason to believe this is some sort of copy.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Then please submit IFO files per instructions at /faq/item/8/catid/6
thediskripper13

I think I'm already seeing a problem here. After halfway through copying over the IFO files I start getting "Can't read from the source file or disc" messages and have to skip over almost every file now.