Problem playing mkv's on my LG BP-620

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
JonathanEngr

Problem playing mkv's on my LG BP-620

Post by JonathanEngr »

Hi! I purchased an LG-620 for the specific purpose of streaming my MKV files. I have always ripped my mkv's with the "default" settings.

When going to the network to play mkv's, the file loads just fine and begins to play. However, after chapter 1 the movie stops, or if it's in a folder with another movie, the other movie begins to play. I did notice that when I start a movie it shows "1/1" in the corner, so it seems to only see the first chapter. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? I contacted LG support, and the guy I spoke with seems to think it has to be an unrecognizable codec.

Any help would be appreciated!
mike admin

Re: Problem playing mkv's on my LG BP-620

Post by mike admin »

Let's see if MakeMKV is at fault. Try to process the file with mkclean and see if it will become playable. http://www.matroska.org/downloads/mkclean.html
JonathanEngr

Re: Problem playing mkv's on my LG BP-620

Post by JonathanEngr »

Thanks! I downloaded the file and ran it from the command prompt to look at the potential options. I'm not sure what to use... Any recommendations for the wide-screen DVD version of the movie "Up"? Do I just copy mkclean into the same directory, then type "mkclean up.mkv" along with any options I would like to choose (if any?). JUst want to be sure I do it correctly... not a lot in the way of documentation.