Bad drive?

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
les_bloom

Bad drive?

Post by les_bloom »

Hi there,

I have owned and used this drive for a few months now.

It works ok, however I have a lot of DVDs to rip (going through my collection of 400 or so). Therefore, I decided to buy a faster drive that does DVD only. This is the new drive I purchased.

The other night I tried ripping a DVD from the new drive, and I encountered a bunch of "Error 'Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR: TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT' occurred while reading" reports. It ran considerably slow, and after an hour or so it had only completed like 1% of the task. So I just aborted the rip.

I then tried to rip the same DVD in my original drive, and it completed after about half an hour or so.

I have ripped about 4 DVDs with the new drive so far, and this was the only one to have a problem, so I know the drive works to some extent.

Any idea what could be going on here?

Thank you
Les
setarip_old

Re: Bad drive?

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!
I have ripped about 4 DVDs with the new drive so far, and this was the only one to have a problem
What is the title and region number of this one problematic DVD?

les_bloom

Post by les_bloom »

The DVD was "The Lost Room" and it was a US DVD disk.

Thanks
Les
les_bloom

Post by les_bloom »

Just an update.

I have been ripping more DVDs with this new drive and I have not reached a problem like this again.

I am starting to think that disk is bad because when I tried to watch the ripped files they are stuttering a lot and the last 30% of the file does not play.