Flight of the Living Dead: No main title

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Marc_G

Flight of the Living Dead: No main title

Post by Marc_G »

Hi Mike et al,

I was trying to rip a DVD of Flight of the Living Dead that I found in a bargain bin. MakeMKV was able to open the disc and found three titles, all smaller things like trailers. No main multi-GB movie shows up.

I've collected all the .ifo files into an archive and will send it. Note, one of the .ifo files appears to be a gigabyte in size on the disc according to its directory, but it packs way down to just a few bytes in a zip archive. They were engaging in funny business I guess.

FWIW here are the directy (showing the big fake .ifo) and also what MakeMKV shows as available tracks to rip.

I did also try with Anydvd in the background, no change to what MakeMKV finds.

Marc
Attachments
FOTLD Directory.gif
FOTLD Directory.gif (39.76 KiB) Viewed 7737 times
Flight of the living dead.gif
Flight of the living dead.gif (5.43 KiB) Viewed 7737 times
Marc_G

Re: Flight of the Living Dead: No main title

Post by Marc_G »

Interestingly...

I did an AnyDVD folder rip to the hard drive. Once I had this folder structure to open in MakeMKV, MakeMKV was able to properly process the disc and extract the main move.

Marc

As clarification it was v. 1.67 running on Win7 x64
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Looks like it used one of the earliest versions of "X-Protect" copy protection (First used by New Line Cinema) which, if I remember correctly, was rapidly tamed by both RipIt4Me and DVDFab in 2008.

Also, iirc, the initial version was created by a very deceptive person using the screenname "Junior73Italy" (or similar), who slyly had the audacity to solicit members of the Doom9 Forum and others for testing of his creation ;>}

Marc_G

Post by Marc_G »

Thanks for the insight. Maybe this script kiddie "kopy protektion" scheme was too hokey for Mike to bother including! 8)

On the other hand, the movie was pretty funny if you like the Zombie teen scream kind of thing. It was worth the $2 the movie will have cost me in the end (I'll resell it).

Happy easter, all!

Marc