1.16.7 is detecting but not copying Closed Captions

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
wmcclain

1.16.7 is detecting but not copying Closed Captions

Post by wmcclain »

This stopped working at some point; I am not sure at what version.

The program detects and displays the presence of CC subtitles but at the end of the rip has: "AV sync issue in stream 2 at 0:00:00 : Track #2 turned out to be empty and was removed from output file".

The track is not empty. I can extract the Closed Captions by other means and it worked in MakeMKV for a long time previously.
Capsule film reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
thetoad

Re: 1.16.7 is detecting but not copying Closed Captions

Post by thetoad »

are you sure there are closed captions.... it might have the flag set, but in reality there are none....
wmcclain

Post by wmcclain »

Yes, I can extract them with other means (vobcopy then Handbrake).

Probably not related, but since I posted that I've had a case of MakeMKV detecting and extracting CC from Blu-ray. This is rare but it does happen. The video was mpeg2 and I think that may have always been the case when I've seen this before. Maybe mpeg2 is the only format that has CC?

I haven't tried CC in DVD since my report, but I have disks that have it and can do testing as needed.
wmcclain

Post by wmcclain »

I believe this is an error on my end. I found ccextractor was not working and when trying to rebuild it encountered the ffmpeg version problem described here: https://github.com/CCExtractor/ccextractor/issues/1418

I have a work-around as described above until this is fixed by ccextractor, just wanted people to know it is not a MakeMKV problem.