Problem with Dragonball Setbox

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
PanosPss

Problem with Dragonball Setbox

Post by PanosPss »

Hi!!! I'm new here :D

When i convert DVD to mkv some subtitles are not displayed and i must use aegisub programs to corrent the time :S
PanosPss

Re: Problem with Dragonball Setbox

Post by PanosPss »

Anyone to help me?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Can you please explain what you mean by "correcting the time" for subtitles?
PanosPss

Post by PanosPss »

When i convert a DVD to MKV and after i play this mkv file some subtitles don't displayed.

When i extract subtitles from MKV file and open subtitles with Subtitle edit program, some subtitles have wrong timing.

So i use aegisub to correct the time

I hope to understand because my english is not good :)
mAcOdIn

Post by mAcOdIn »

Are you sure they're timed improperly? I've ripped a lot of stuff with subtitles and not once have I had subs improperly timed.

What I have had are subs that don't display properly timed in Windows Media Center and Windows Media Player but do properly display in VLC and XBMC. I don't think this is because the subs are ripped incorrectly via MakeMKV but probably something to do with which filter or splitter you have handling thew subs in the Windows players. I haven't experimented enough with FFDShow and Haali to see which would yield the better results in WMP/WMC but considering thsoe two players are the only ones I have issues with I'm betting it's them and not the actual file MakeMKV spits out, especially considering the damn hoops required just to get those players to play a MKV file in 64bit Windows.