Some titles invisible to MakeMKV

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Shentar

Some titles invisible to MakeMKV

Post by Shentar »

Hi,
I've been ripping my remaining DVDs into my online library and found an odd feature on a couple of disks. On each there is at least one item which plays happily when selected from the menu in VLC but does not appear at all if the disk is ripped with MakeMKV. Or, for that matter, with DVDFab 12. I tried playing the VOB files directly from VLC and I can get mangled sound from the missing material. No errors of any kind are recorded.
Woodstock

Re: Some titles invisible to MakeMKV

Post by Woodstock »

Can we see the log from the scan? MakeMKV won't show you titles that are below your minimum size.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Shentar

Re: Some titles invisible to MakeMKV

Post by Shentar »

I can rescan the disk if the scan will tell you anything useful, but the item in question is 3m5s and my minimum size is set to 60 sec.

For the record I managed to extract the item in question using the ancient DVD Decrypter to remove the encryption from the VOB files which can then be played directly by vlc or run through Handbrake. Obviously this is significantly less convenient than processing everything at once with DVDFab :)

If you do want the scan let me know if there is any other debugging/trace which I can collect at the same time.